Tickets are already on sale for one of the premier food and beverage events in Atlantic City.
The Taste of the Quarter will return to Tropicana Atlantic City for the 12th time on Monday, Aug. 19. Tropicana has scheduled the event from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and, as always, all proceeds will benefit the United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey.
Once again, Taste of the Quarter will bring together all the flavors of Tropicana’s culinary scene in The Quarter shopping and entertainment center.
This year, city officials, local dignitaries, and local media personalities will all serve as Celebrity Chefs, dishing out the food and beverage samples from more than 25 Tropicana bars, restaurants, and eateries.
Keep an eye out for…
Tropicana Atlantic City General Manager Jason Gregorec said Taste of the Quarter is an event everyone looks forward to:
“Each year we look forward to the Taste of the Quarter and the camaraderie it brings amongst the community and those in attendance. The evening provides much more than an opportunity to showcase our dining venues, but a chance to offer support to the United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey, an organization that does wonderful work right in our backyard.”
Local United Way President and CEO Bill Golderer said Taste of the Quarter is the perfect example of the community taking action:
“Our United Way is on a mission to end poverty, especially the kind that can trap families for generations – and that’s a significant undertaking that we simply can’t accomplish on our own. Tropicana’s Taste of the Quarter is the perfect example of our community taking action to show that each of us has a role to play in creating opportunities for everyone to thrive, and demonstrating that we can – and will – always do more when we come together.
Golderer also thanked Tropicana for the effort:
“Thanks to the Tropicana management, restaurant staff, celebrity chefs, attendees and the community as whole, we are equipping more young people in our region to succeed and empowering more families to be self-reliant for a thriving Atlantic County – and region.”
Tickets are available at a cost of $30 at ticketmaster.com or the IMAX Box Office on the day of the event. Tickets are also available through the United Way office located in Galloway, NJ.
The tastes of Taste of the Quarter
The list of participating Tropicana food and beverage partners and the products they plan to showcase is a long one. Here are some of the highlights:
- Chelsea Five Gastropub: Brussel sprouts with a balsamic glaze
- Chickie’s & Pete’s Crab House and Sports Bar: Mussels
- Il Verdi: Cavatelli bolognese; handmade ricotta cavatelli served with Il Verdi’s house-made sausage ragu
- Okatshe: California roll
- Olón: Shrimp ceviche
- A Dam Good Sports Bar: All-you-can-eat taco bar
- A Time For Wine: Cheese and crackers
- Broadway Burger Bar: Freshly ground angus beef sliders
- Carmine’s: Carmine’s famous meatballs
- Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar: Arroz con pollo; Saffron long grain rice, boneless chicken, green peas, Manzanilla olives, hard-boiled egg and asparagus and roasted piquillo pepper salad
- Golden Dynasty: Mandarin orange beef
- La Petite Creperie: Nutella banana crepe
- RiRa Irish Pub: Potato cakes and cottage pie samples
- The Palm: Mini crab cakes with mango salsa
- Wet Willies: Wet Willies’ signature virgin daiquiri, the Weak Willie
- Zeytinia: Classic ham and cheese sandwich
- A Dam Good Deli and Firewaters Saloon: Fresh fruit and veggie bar
- Casa Taco & Tequila Bar: Picadillo tacos and virgin wild berry margaritas
- Classic Cakes: Assorted desserts
- James Candy: Atlantic City’s legendary Salt Water Taffy
- Marketplace Express: Baklava with hazelnut iced coffees
- Perry’s Pizza: Sicilian pizza bites
- Tony Luke’s: Cheesesteak with American cheese
Image credit: Horacio Villalobos / Contributor