The Orleans Hotel & Casino and Gold Coast Hotel & Casino are both taking part in Boyd Gaming’s Video Poker Double Your Royal promotion, offering players who hit a royal flush up to $4,000 in Slot Dollars in addition to any cash jackpots won.
Hitting a royal flush
The royal flush is poker’s top-ranked hand. It is a straight flush including the ace, king, queen, jack, and ten all in the same suit. The odds of hitting a royal flush on the initial deal on any video poker machine are 1 in 649,740. Of course, these odds improve on the draw:
- Holding one card to a royal flush offers a 1 in 178,365 chance of completing it.
- Holding two cards to a royal flush offers a 1 in 16,215 chance of completing it.
- Holding three cards to a royal flush offers a 1 in 1,081 chance of completing it.
- Holding four cards to a royal flush offers a 1 in 47 chance of completing it.
Video Poker Double Your Royal promotion
The Orleans Hotel & Casino and Gold Coast Hotel & Casino promotion is running Aug. 6 through 31. However, it only runs Sunday to Thursday, meaning players will have to settle for just the regular jackpot if they hit a royal flush on Friday or Saturday.
The promotional prizes vary with the size of the wager:
- Hit a royal playing $0.05 video poker and win from $25 up to $200
- Hit a royal playing $0.25 video poker and win from $50 up to $1000
- Hit a royal playing $0.50 video poker and win from $75 up to $2000
- Hit a royal playing $1.00+ video poker and win from $100 up to $4000
All prizes are paid out in Slot Dollars that are good for video poker machines and slots at the Orleans Hotel & Casino and Gold Coast Hotel & Casino.
Players must insert a B Connected Club card in the machine to qualify. Payouts will be made by slot attendants handing out vouchers redeemable at the B Connected Club.
B Connected Club
B Connected is Boyd Gaming’s player loyalty club for casinos throughout the United States. The club includes three levels: Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. Players can earn and redeem points at 17 Boyd Gaming casinos across the country. Membership also includes a number of privileges and benefits.
The Orleans and Gold Coast
The Orleans Hotel & Casino first opened in Paradise, Nevada in 1996 and features a 135,000-square-foot casino. The property is less than a mile off the Las Vegas Strip on Tropicana Ave.
Additional amenities on site include:
- Movie theater
- Bowling center with 70 lanes
- The Orleans Arena
The Gold Coast Hotel & Casino is also in Paradise and opened in 1986. The Gold Coast is located approximately one mile west of The Strip on Flamingo Road. Coast Casinos and the Gold Coast Hotel & Casino property merged with Boyd Gaming in 2004.
The property features an 87,000-square-foot casino and a 70-lane bowling alley.
Image credit: Eunika Sopotnicka / Shutterstock.com.